Chona Green, Psy.D.
Why I do what I do
I have worked in the mental health field for ten years and have repeatedly witnessed individuals realize their strengths to attain a sense of purpose. This realization is powerful and significant for each individual. I am honored to be an element in this process of growth and personal achievement.
What I’m Like as a Therapist
In the therapy room, I am fully present with you. My job is to encourage you to achieve your goals and be the best version of yourself. I value the authentic therapeutic relationship we are building together. I will use compassion, patience, and even humor at times, to help move you forward in life with intention.
What I’m Like as a Real Person
I come from a big family with four siblings, four nephews, two nieces and counting! In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, watching movies (Thrillers are my favorite!), reading, meditating, and exercising.
Areas of Expertise
- Relational Issues
- Self Discovery
- Stress Management
- Sleep Hygiene
- Parenting Skills
- Low Self-Esteem
- Daily Life Challenges
- Assertiveness Training
- American Psychology Association (APA)
Education, Training, and Licensure
- Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD (2008)
- Master of Arts, Forensic Psychology, Marymount University, Arlington, VA (2010)
- Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Arlington, VA (2015)
- Internship Training, Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems, Exton, PA (2018)
- Doctorate of Psychology, Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Arlington, VA (2018)
- Post Doctoral Training, Neurohealth Arlington Heights, Arlington Heights, IL (2019)
- Psychology License, MD (License #: 06508) (2020)
The Green Garden, LLC
9091 Snowden River Pkwy, #1047
Columbia, MD 21046
Monday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 11:00 am– 4:00 pm
Thursday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am– 2:00 pm
Chona Green, Psy.D.
License # 06508